In today’s world you just cannot avoid legal services. For most people there usually comes a time when there will be the need for legal services and attorney representation. It is unavoidable. When your are setting up a business lawyers are involved. When you are writing your Will or buying property you may also need attorney services for representation or for legal advice.
What exactly is a Prepaid legal service? It basically is a type of legal service where you pay in advance for legal representation.
It is a form of membership were you lock in on the cost so that when you have a case you will be represented at no other cost, if you do not have any cases during your period of membership you do not get a refund either. But always check with the firm to know the payment structure they operate on. Prepaid legal service has been around for many decades and is a popular way of taking care of your legal issues.
Since you do not know the type of legal representation you might need in the future when it comes to legal issues, so when choosing prepaid legal service the best approach is to choose a legal service with a track record of producing results. Prepaid legal services are also called prepaid legal plan. Once you are a member you have unlimited access to the firms attorneys and their legal services at no extra charge. Without this plan, you usually will have to pay a substantial amount for every case they handle for you.
Although prepaid legal plans are over all beneficial to the member of such a plan it is advisable to also have a plan B. The reason I say this is that sometimes the firm you are using might have a case which they do not have the expertise to execute successfully and you might need additional counsel to be successful. Prepaid legal services are more at home in preventing legal conflicts as well as consultations for a legal issue you thing might get out of hand in the future. In cases like bankruptcy, divorce, lawsuits etc a legal plan can only help you to an extent.
Benefits of Prepaid Legal Plan
- As a member of a prepaid legal service you have access to most preventive legal advice the firm can provide
- Your can choose how you make your payment for the membership; monthly or yearly depending on your budget. With a legal plan you do not have to worry about how to pay when ever you need legal representation.
- Since you are not paying for every individual case you have, you save a lot of money by having a legal plan that covers most legal issues you might have.
- When going for prepaid legal services you have the option to pick and choose the law firm you think will best represent you or provide the best advice.
- As a legal plan member there are no limitations to how many times you can consult with your attorney over the phone.
There are different types of prepaid legal plans out there. Three of the most common plans are the individual plan, the family plan and the business plan. Do a research and narrow down the legal firms you might go with. Call them and find out the types of plans they have and choose from there.